Research Associate / Post-doctoral Research Fellow
The School of Law at the Singapore Management University (SMU) has an opening for one Research Associate / Research Fellow position for its Applied Research Centre for Intellectual Assets and the Law in Asia (ARCIALA).
- Advance degree in law required, which includes a completed LLM or Master of Law degree
- Candidates who have recently completed a PhD (or its equivalent) with a focus on intellectual assets and law, including artificial intelligence and IP will be preferred
- Fluency in English and strong writing skills required
- Inter-disciplinary research approach preferred
- Existing publication record in international journals in English preferred
- Focus on Asian and Comparative Intellectual Property Law preferred
- Command of a major Asian language will be preferred
- Team work spirit and academic integrity is a must
The appointment will be on a contract basis for one year, with the possibility of renewal for a further year subject to good performance and the needs of ARCIALA. Research support will be provided as well as a competitive salary commensurate with relevant qualifications, experience, track record and research potential. The Research Fellow/Associate will be required to:
- Assist in the academic work of the Centre in general
- Conduct research projects, attend academic seminars/conferences, write research reports and publish in both mainstream media and journals
- Assist in the administration work of the Centre, School of Law or SMU, such as the organisation of seminars and conferences or other events and the update of the Centre's websites etc
Interested applicants should submit a detailed curriculum vitae, a description of research interest and direction, selected publications, a list of two referees with full contact information, and any other supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference number as shown below.
The closing date for the receipt of applications and references is 15 June 2019.
The interviews for the position will take place during the month of June/July 2019 and the tentative start work date for the Research Fellow/Associate will be July/August 2019.
All correspondence should be addressed to Professor Kung-Chung LIU, Director, ARCIALA.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
(Please quote reference number in all correspondence: RF/RA-SOL-ARCIALA2019).
Last updated on 04 Jun 2019 .