Research Associate / Post-doctoral Research Fellow
The School of Law at the Singapore Management University (SMU) has an opening for Research Associate / Research Fellow position for its Applied Research Centre for Intellectual Assets and the Law in Asia (ARCIALA).
- Postgraduate degree in law, including a completed LLM or Master of Law degree
- Candidates who have recently completed a PhD (or its equivalent) with a focus on intellectual assets and law, including artificial intelligence and IP will have an advantage
- Fluency in English and strong writing skills required
- Inter-disciplinary research approach preferred
- Existing publication record in international journals in English preferred
- Focus on Asian and Comparative Intellectual Property Law preferred
- Command of a major Asian language will be preferred
- Team work spirit and academic integrity is a must
The appointment will be on a contract basis for one year, with the possibility of renewal for a further year subject to good performance and the needs of ARCIALA. Research support will be provided as well as a competitive salary commensurate with relevant qualifications, experience, track record and research potential. The Research Fellow/Associate will be required to:
- Assist in the academic work of the Centre in general
- Conduct research projects, attend academic seminars/conferences, write research reports and publish in both mainstream media and journals
- Assist in the administration work of the Centre, School of Law or SMU, such as the organisation of seminars and conferences or other events and reports for the Centre, etc
Interested candidates should submit their resume and references by 2 April 2020 to https://smu.recruiterpal.com/career/jobs/blrbv
The interviews for the position will take place during the month of April 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Last updated on 04 Mar 2020 .